asked: I'm fine...but I'm going to college in about a week or so WOWIE I'M GROWING UP. How did you prepare yourself for it?
- Well, invest on a good college notebook. That’s really all you’re gonna need. Plus a pen/pencil and a highlighter.
- Make friends with fellow freshmen first. Don’t worry, they’d be as nervous as you are and would welcome any kind of friendly interactions on the first day. Most of the time, the first friend you’ll ever meet in college will be the one who’ll stick with you till graduation.
- If you have classes in which you have the same classmates for each subject, it will be easy to make friends. If your college is the type that lets you run free and enlist in whatever you fancy, it might be harder since you’ll be mixed in with sophomores-seniors since the start. Just keep calm and don’t let them bully you.
- Packed lunch is convenient and cheap (especially great if you’re trying to save money). Encourage your friends to do the same and you can sit outside and eat together or something.
- There are those types who prefer to eat in restaurants and hang out in fancy cafe places on a regular basis. If they invite you and you don’t really want to spend money, don’t be embarrassed to turn them down. Tell them the truth and if they consider that as a turn off, well, you’re probably better of without them anyway. (though of course, it’s good to eat out with friends once in a while)
- Don’t lose the syllabus.
- Be nice to people.
- Don’t forget that you’re not in high school anymore. Juvenile things like popularity contests and peer pressure should not be things that affect you in college.
It’s fine, thank you. And yours?
Question to my followers in Germany
I’ll be in Gauting for two weeks (that’s close to Munich) so yeah..
What kind of clothing brands/shops/food/interesting things/etc would you recommend I check out?